Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune by mail

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Newsbreaks for Tuesday



Audio version is here.

According to the AP, the owners of “Dracula’s Castle” in Romania are putting it up for sale. Marilyn Manson just called his accountant.

The Habsburg family (yes, those Hapsburgs, not the Schenectady Habsburgs) are asking for $135 million. Or its equivalent in virgins.

450,000 people a year visit the museum, mostly Goth couples looking to put a little zing back in the relationshipr.

According to legend, the notorious Vlad the Impaler spent one night in Bran Castle back in the 1400s. Why only one night, I wonder? “These stakes are too round! I specifically asked for a seven-o’clock wake up and ten sharp stakes! What am I supposed to do, beat someone? Is my name Vlad the Beater? No, it’s Vlad the Impaler!…I swear, I’ll never trust Travelocity again.”

1 comment:

  1. o my god, that "Vlad the Beater" joke reminded me so much of your lovely wife.
    Mike, I am loving these Newsbreaks.

    ReplyDelete