Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune by mail

Monday, June 28, 2004

Earthquake!

Did the Earth move for you? We apparently got a 4.5 this morning--but I didn't feel a thing. I have been awake during an earthquake, out in Seattle in 1994. I was sitting on my couch and a bowl full of goldfish almost fell on my head.



I suspect that the earthquake was the result of God's reading this article about indebted Americans starting to freak out about rising interest rates. Rising interest rates will, of course, up your monthly credit card payment, car payments, and adjustable mortgages. Here's what God was pissed about: late in the article, Mrs. Diffenderfer--who is currently struggling with $600/mo. credit card payments--admits that she and her husband (who have a combined annual income of $70,000) donate $125 a week to their local church! That's Bush's America, folks: Simple, sentimental, and unwilling to recognize and act in their own self-interest. Save us from these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment