Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune by mail

Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Hooray, I think

Friend Ed Page pointed me to this profile of publishing's latest phenom, the 20-year-old author of a book called "Eregon." Home schooled, he lives at home in Montana with his slightly strange family. His success is wonderful, but there's really a bizarre undercurrent in the story, a sort of free-floating "Flowers in the Attic" type weirdness that I can't really put my finger on...Ah, well, I'm prepared to chalk it up to the cynicism that comes with living near people you're not related to you.



By the way, I just got a copy of The Beatles' White Album in mono. Really quite different--I like it a lot (even though the last three songs are seriously effed up, something was wrong with the source tape, maybe. Anyway, any serious Beatle fan oughta track a copy down.

No comments:

Post a Comment