Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune by mail

Monday, October 25, 2004

Cleese and Hunter Thompson on Bush

My dad--who is, by the way, the Republican Party's worst nightmare, a solid Democrat in a high tax bracket--sent me an email this morning. In it was the following, John Cleese on the Bush Administration:



"How many Bush administration officials does it take to change a light bulb?



None. There's nothing wrong with that light bulb. There is no need to change

anything. We made the right decision and nothing has happened to change our

minds. People who criticize this light bulb now, just because it doesn't

work anymore, supported us when we first screwed it in, and when these

flip-floppers insist on saying that it is burned out, they are merely giving

aid and encouragement to the Forces of Darkness."



(If you haven't checked out John Cleese's website, TheJohnCleese.com , do so right away. I think I just registered as a member there, in the promise of future members-only goodies. I think I registered, but I'm not sure.



Back on the political front, here's Hunter S. Thompson's Fear and Loathing 2004--definitely worth a read. Nice to see that HST can still bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment