Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune
Subscribe to Zinmag Tribune by mail

Monday, June 13, 2005

Stray thoughts about music (as if you care)

So I'm burning all my cds, so I can sell the originals (yes, I'm crazy, but you already knew that). This is taking only slightly longer than World War II. During this process, several thoughts have flitted through my brain.

1) John Lee Hooker only recorded one song--over and over, with different titles--but it was a good song. You can't blame somebody for finding something that they like and sticking with it, especially if people keep paying you to do it.

2) The Beatles had no idea what made them so good. Or else they tried to fuck things up after 1970. John, Paul, George, and Ringo's solo stuff is so often profoundly irritating that there's no way they realized what they were doing when they broke up. Of course there are exceptions to this--All Things Must Pass, for example--but "Woman is the Nigger of the World"? CHRIST!
You know it ain't easy/You know how hard it can be
The way things are goin'/ I really hate this CD.

3) The highest form of using iTunes is removing all Yoko's songs from in-between John's. Apologies to any Yoko fans out there. I'm hard, but fair, and "Kiss Kiss Kiss" can induce hemorrhaging in rats.

No comments:

Post a Comment